Memorandum and Rules & Regulations of Association
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Members should confirm their participation either with Leader or Co-Leader on or before last date of registration.
- Carry Pack-Lunch for One Day Trek
- Members are requested not to carry any valuable articles such as gold/silver chain, etc. along with them.
- Organization, organizers or any member thereof shall not be held responsible for loss of any valuable, personal articles. etc.
- Smoking, Drinking and Alcohol abuse is strictly prohibited.
- Unit reserves its right to cancel the entire Program or change the schedule of the Program.
- Members are requested to inquire and collect their Identity Cards within two months from the date of submitting their Membership Forms.
- Costs mentioned for treks are approximate for any treks. The cost does not include travel cost of participants till the meeting point. Actual cost will be declared at the end of the trek.
- Friends are welcomed for the trek but before trek one needs to become member and complete all formalities as appropriate for the trek.
- Listen to your leader
- Always be in a group
- On narrow route walk in single line
- Follow Instructions from leader
- Where the trail is unclear and there are no locals to advise, take the most trodden route. ...Many trekkers have become lost by wandering off alone. Preferably complete your trek in daylight. If intended destination is not approachable in daylight, head towards the nearest settlement unless until you are sure about route. Do not struggle on regardless risking a potentially fatal night out in the cold. In jungle, always move towards a ridge top, paths will invariably be found there. In valley bottoms, always move downstream towards lower ground where the likelihood of settlements is greater. Pneumonia and hypothermia are the main causes of death for lost trekkers.
Memorandum and Rules & Regulations
Things to Carry
- Youth Hostel's Membership I -card, notepad and pen.
- Appropriate clothing, such as full pants and full sleeve T-shirts. No three fourths and/or Sleeveless T-shirts are allowed.
- A bottle of water and a cap
- Slippers/ Floaters
- A handkerchief and a towel
- Cotton wool, antiseptic ointment, a roll of bandage, scissors, tweezers and medicines as per personal requirement.
- Torch and/or Headlamp
- Appropriate bedding for overnight treks.
- Backpack to carry above. (No plastic bags or any travel bags)
- Pair of shoes in good condition.
Be safe and Enjoy Trekking